Friday, July 14, 2006

Fine Art Friday





Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte by George Seurat

Seurat's style (pointillism) made a big impression on my when I young. I have always found it interesting...and then Sondheim came along and gave this huge painting a story and a tune.



Friday Feast


Feast One Hundred & Two
Appetizer
Name one thing nice that you could do for someone else today.

Soup
When was the last time you were frightened by the weather?

Salad
What would you say is the most useful website or blog that you visit?

Main Course
Who was your favorite singer/group when you were a child?

Dessert
Did you miss me? I missed you :o)


Friday Facts



Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions for Emma and Lissa! I knew you would all come through, and it's great to see that Emma and Lissa spotted the conversation and took notes :o)


Katie and I had a great time up north.

I was able to see all three of Nancy's girls! Ashley was just on her way out of town but I am so happy I had a chance to see her. It's been years!

Lindsay and Carrie were friendly and sweet to Katie. Katie went in a convertible with Lindsay to the ski show and Carrie took Katie to a toy store and bought her some goodies :o)

Nancy and I talked and talked and talked. We ate at the Island Cafe and Minocqua Country Club.

We took a pontoon ride around Lake Minocqua and saw a loon.

When I was lowering Katie into the lake an eagle flew right over my back!

A little later I saw the same eagle with a fish in it's beak.

Katie and I fished with salami.
I caught a blue gill on my fist cast.
Buddy ate the rest of the salami when I wasn't looking.


Really...a perfectly lovely visit.



Patrick and Katie and I look forward to another quiet weekend as Matthew is in Omaha for a wedding. Our weather is sultry so I'm sure we will head to the pool...

Other than that, I will water my plants and tend to the house....and entertain Katie!


One more thing....I started drinking the cranwater again and I have lost three more pounds, so my total is -25.
That stuff is magic!


Thanks again for the comments!

Encourage one another...you're so good at it!

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.