Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Before I forget.

In the last month or so, a young mom named Steph has been leaving comments here at Quiet Life.

I happen to know her a little bit.

She was the worship leader at a big church here in the Madison area.
I sang along with her lovely singing and piano playing many, many times.

In fact, I remember a very special service.

9/11

Amy J and Nancy also know Steph as they attended/attend this church much longer than I did. And they know Steph's glorious talent very well.

Steph has a website.....and a CD.

Stop by her website and take a little listen to her sing Great Redeemer.

I'm so glad she delurked, her comments bless me.

As do all of yours.


*Especially yesterday. They were rich and wise and I appreciated every one.

DSC_1480
October's the month
When the smallest breeze
Gives us a shower
Of autumn leaves.
Bonfires and pumpkins,
Leaves sailing down -
October is red
And golden and brown.


DSC_1137



The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.

The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on.
- Emily Dickinson, Nature 27 - Autumn



october joy

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it,
and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth
seeking the successive autumns.
- George Eliot


The light was so pretty yesterday.
I just love how the yellow leaves glow.

They beckon me.

Come out and sit on my carpet of light.

DSC_1492


Encourage one another,
Donna

p.s. Dancing with the Stars commentary....always welcome :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.