Thursday, October 25, 2007

Happy Thursday!


Yesterday, Carol asked in the comments;

"How important, in your opinion, is a good camera to good photography? "


Here was my reply;

"I can get much clearer pictures, better contrast, and brighter colors with my D80.
I like being able to control the Aperture so I can blur the background making the picture more interesting and prettier.

I believe you can learn to compose pictures well with a point and shoot and I think everyone can learn to hold the camera nice and still...but the things that make a picture beautiful to me are in learning to use the light and working with your camera to achieve the best results."



Here is a picture I took last winter with my little Olympus digital camera.
I really liked this picture.

P1010224-old camera


It is not very clear.
It is dark.
The house in the back is totally in focus.

autocontrast
Clarity.
Lightness.



20071018_oct-17-katie_0008
Out of focus background.


And then there is Photoshop.

Before
This is straight out of camera. Notice the gray cast over it all. I tried to lighten it...but it made some pimples show up...what could I do with this picture?

I liked the hair and the expression. It was worth fussing with....

Aged Photo

So I did this with it.


Remember I am just a beginner with this whole Photoshop and SLR Digital Camera thang.

But I see a difference.

Don't you?



**************


I'm going to tell you once again to watch Pushing Daisies on Wednesday nights at 7:00.

It's a terrible time. Right after dinner and no one in bed yet.....

But it is really clever and it makes me smile and I just can't believe it is on television.

It's very quirky and I think quite innocent.

Let me know if you watch it.


**************


Remember Ava from last season of Greys???

Tune in tonight. She comes back!


***************

And guess who's birthday it is today?

It is my Irish twins birthday. Sweet sister Sue.

She is now older than me again.

I love you, Sue!

Happy, happy birthday!


*****************

That's all folks!


Encourage one another,
Donna




Update:::

DSC_1104

Ree @ Confessions of a Pioneer Woman has a tutorial on how to make the eyes pop!
I tried it on this photo.

Thanks Ree!

(Ree's link is on my sidebar)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.