Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The very best birthday ever.

That's what it was.

My 50th was such a tremendous celebration I can only call it an "embarrassment of riches!"

I am rich in family, friends, love and laughter.

(And comments filled with all of the above.)

I don't know why I have been so blessed....but I do not take it for granted....

and my sisters...they spoiled me like crazy.

Nancy picked me up and drove me to Missouri.
She would not let me pay for any gas. And I really did offer...four times.

We talked and laughed and caught up for eight hours.

We arrived to smiles and kisses from Sue and Cindy.
DSC_0774
There was a beautiful bouquet of flowers and cheery balloons to welcome us.

(Cindy, Katie thinks the balloons are very cute and funny!)

We proceeded to sit around the kitchen table, exchange gifts, and and chat!

And really, is there anything better than sitting around the kitchen table talking?


The next day we had a spa day!

40toes

I had a facial and a pedicure.

Both were fantastic and both were gifts from my sisters. They are very generous...and I told you, they spoiled me!

My skin really did look pretty after the facial.

50 years of dead skin cells....gone with the wind.

Then we headed out to a fabulous winery for lunch.

We were all very hungry and had some yummy chic food.

The setting was very lovely and near a quaint little town were we stopped and shopped a tiny bit.

DSC_0699

DSC_0661

We came back into town and cruised around, shopped a little more and then came home just in time for Sue to prepare an amazing dinner of beef tenderloin, flavorful mashed potatoes, asparagus and bearnaise sauce.

My favorite meal.

Then there was cheesecake. Yum.

I'm full just thinking of it.

Again we talked until midnight.

Sunday, we rose a little slower, visited Cindy's adorable new apartment, took some cute photos and looked in all of her closets and oohed and ahhed at her furniture.


DSC_0779

DSC_0784

Then we went to an art fair where it seems everyone is a photographer.

We got back to Sue's just in time for her to start cooking again :o)

For dinner we had delicious ribs with coleslaw (our mother's recipe which I didn't know) baked beans and garlic bread.

Sue's youngest son and Cindy's boys were able to join us for this meal....so we had more to talk about! They are all such nice boys...a joy to be around.

There was no dancing or singing...but lots of laughing, talking and eating.

And no crying. Which is pretty funny since we are all a bunch of cry babies :o)

But it was a celebration of sisters.


We missed Janice and Janet and Jim. A lot!

But just put it on your calendars now fam.

July 20th 2010.

Cindy will be 50. And if we are not blessed to all be together before that....
let's set the date now!!!

sisters

Love, love, love my family...



When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.
~Joyce Brothers

Encourage one another,
Donna

p.s. Feel free to comment on Dancing with the Stars :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.