Saturday, May 10, 2008

See below for mystery mother's day gift.


Happy Mother's Day!

This was originally posted in 2004 here at Quiet Life.




Young Esther and baby Donna

A sweet passage from Mother Carey's Chickens by Kate Douglas Wiggins;

"Oh! she is so beautiful!" sobbed Kathleen, "her bonnet is just the color of her eyes; and she was crying!"

"There never was anybody like mother!" said Nancy, leaning on the gate, shivering with cold and emotion. "There never was, and there never will be! We can try and try, Kathleen, and we must try, all of us; but mother wouldn't have to try; mother must have been partly born so!"


This was also posted in 2004. Way back when this blog was born.


Katie Gracie Loves Her Mommy

After 22 years of parenting I have a child who unabashedly adores me.
It surprises and humbles me. Our other children love me...no doubt....but they are less demonstrative.
Katie Gracie (4) is obvious.

Yesterday while we were swinging and singing to Shania Twain (yep, you heard right) I noticed that every time I shoved my sleeves up...she did too.
Then she told me that when she is a mommy and she has a baby she will name her 'Donna'.
This is especially touching to me because I have never like my name...but to her it is lovely.

She sees the best in me....I do not. I am not deserving of her adoration. But I do feel more keenly the responsibility I have to model well for her.
"Create in me a clean heart O God"

Ah, Motherhood. My calling, my life....my joy.




Encourage one another,
Donna


Sunday.


This is what was in the box :o)

closeup of J Schatz egg bird feeer ;o)

and a real surprise, for me....

20080511_0341-2

Flowers from our olderst son, Patrick!!!

I love them and I love that you sent them to me. *smooch*

The Egg Bird Feeder is very light blue. Called Aqua.
It is made by J. Schatz. Very cool company.


You know I'm not into many things...

But every once in a while, I find something that makes me smile and
I'm glad my family wanted me to be able to enjoy this little extravagance.


I hope you are having a fine day....with lots of smiles and hugs and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.