Saturday, June 07, 2008

******

20080606_1787-2


I hosted a luncheon for dear friend Amy J.


Amy is a brilliant woman. Really.
And she uses her smarts for good and not evil. All the time.
Her energy seems to be limitless.
Her humor is quick.
She is gracious, thoughtful and encouraging.

And she is moving.

Far from the home she loves.

Well. Not really far. But too far for play dates.

You see. Amy is Carrie's mom.

So not only do I lose a most excellent friend.
So does Katie.

But, we are bearing it bravely.

All of us.

Cause that's what Amy would want.

She is not the mushy sort. At all.


So for the luncheon it was light and cheery.

We had lots of laughs and shared stories and ate some yummy food.

Here is the menu;

Raspberry Lemonade
Diet Dr. Pepper
Pepsi One

Blueberry Muffins
Strawberry Muffins
Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Strawberry Butter

(The last three prepared by Karen)

Mandarin Orange Salad
Ree's Pasta Primavera

Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting


And well. One TV Dinner for laughs.

20080606_1784


Turns out the cake was for laughs, too.

20080606_1795-2

Emma dashed to Madison to pick up the cake early yesterday morning.
I thought of the perfect message for the cake.

One of my most favorite sayings.

Imagine my surprise when Emma walked in the door and I glanced at the words.

"It's spelled wrong!"

"I know." sighed Emma. "I didn't notice when I was at the bakery."


(So remember how we were discussing the art of writing comedy.
Here is my tip for you.
Misspelled words are funny.)



As we said our goodbyes and made sure Amy had her pop (Pepsi One. Courtesy of Nancy. Hard to find. I'm just sayin')

Amy slipped a can of pop out of the carton and placed it in my fridge.

"This is for when I come back to visit."

20080607_1801-1

Aw, Shucks.

Now, wasn't that the perfect thing to do?

I think so.


****


You are loved Amy.....and Carrie and Emily and Andrew and even Mark......

Be always coming home.


Love,
Donna

p.s. When did I shrink?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.