Friday, June 20, 2008

Prayers Please and The Feast







My son, Matthew, and his bride of one year Melinda, are leaving on a mission trip tomorrow.
We are so proud that they are loving and serving God and His people this way.

I have never forgone my one vacation in a year to go into the world to proclaim the Gospel.

AND it is the anniversary!

They are pretty darn cool and I admire them.

It's wonderful to see their hearts for Christ in action!


Melinda has done a lot of the planning. A lot. I think she is the team leader.
I'd like to ask for prayers of peace for her.

She has done her best and now the rest is in God's hands.

She also would like prayers for;

Traveling mercies
Health and safety
Good communication even with the language barrier.
Tolerance for the very high temps
Wisdom, Endurance, Strength
Fun times and a chance to experience the culture
Cordial cooperation of all team members
The money to last.



For Matthew, I pray that he steps up and helps Melinda.
She is strong. But she needs you!

Enjoy your first international mission experience!

It's all going to work out!

Be a blessing :o)





What will happen on this trip is exactly what God wills.
It may not be exactly what you all think is going to happen,
but you will impact the lives of just exactly who God is drawing to Himself.

So go with confidence that God is doing a good work.
In everybody!


With love,
Mom


*******

Friday's Feast



Appetizer

If you could live on another continent for 1 year, which one would you choose?

Soup

Which browser do you use to surf the Internet?

Salad

On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you know about the history of your country?

Main Course

Finish this sentence: Love is…

Dessert

Have you ever been in or near a tornado?



*******


I ordered a large picture of Katie as a sample for my business.

And I am so happy with it, I can't stop smiling.

I want lots and lots more of these...and I want some in black and white too.


20080619_2146mpixso


20080619_2167

20080619_2164

They are quite contemporary. But I love that you don't have to frame anything :o)
Easy as pie.



*******

So You Think You Can Dance.


I was very happy to see Suzie go. She was just way out of her league. Way, way, way.

Can you believe how beautifully Twitch danced the Viennese Waltz?
It was a thing of beauty. What a great surprise!
I look forward to seeing him blossom on this show.

And that judge Mary.....how does she come up with the things she says.
She is a regular hoot!


I can't believe it is Friday already!
As MFS says, Happy Weekending :o)


Encourage one another,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.