Friday, June 13, 2008

*******





This dude is an all too familair sight around these parts.
In fact, I spend more time with him than my husband, it seems.

just kidding ;o)

And so it goes...on and on

Damage locally is minor.
State wide it is horrible.

We are getting all the water.

All the water from the whole earth is falling on the midwest.

And isn't it interesting when you think about the fact that the water on this planet is the only and same water that has always been on this planet?
That is a pheonomal thought.
Same water. Recycled. Amazing.


Karen F,
Is the water in Green Bay rising? It has been so low for the last few years? Has the rain had an effect on it?



******


Friday's Feast


Appetizer

Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?

Soup

What is your favorite color of ink to write with?

Salad

How often do you get a manicure or pedicure? Do you do them yourself or go to a salon and pay for them?

Main Course

Have you ever won anything online? If so, what was it?

Dessert

In which room in your house do you keep your home computer?



*******

Books

I finished The Memory Keeper's Daughter last night.

To tell you the truth, the first 100 pages were very uninspired.
But the book improves and becomes more interesting and readable in the second half.
And the ending is extremely satisfying.

Don't think I can say. 'You must read this book."

I'll give it a B-.





I started reading this last night.

I was a big Jeffery Archer fan back in the 80's.

Oh, how I loved Kane and Able and Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less.
Don't remember anything else, but that I loved them and recommended them at the time.

Next, I will read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.


********

20080612_1943-4



Walking through puddles is my favorite metaphor for life. ~Jessi Lane Adams


Coping with natural disasters is hard, hard, hard. ~me



And by the way, I am an optimistic pessimist.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.