Wednesday, December 30, 2009

DSC_1253-2bwcr



To tell the truth or not to tell the truth.
That is the blogging question.

I started reading the book Eat, Pray and Love last night.
One of the first thing the author says is tell the truth...tell the truth...

Well, yes, that is always good.

But I noticed she does not tell ALL of the truth.

And perhaps that is the way to do it.

If you are going to speak about a subject.
Tell the truth. And if you have decided NOT to speak
on a subject. Don't speak.

This is the way I have written this blog over the years. I have been truthful,
but I also keep some hurts and pains and stories to myself.

It's a matter of respect for others.





Joe Fox: It wasn't... personal.
Kathleen Kelly: What is that supposed to mean? I am so sick of that. All that means is that it wasn't personal to you. But it was personal to me. It's *personal* to a lot of people. And what's so wrong with being personal, anyway?
Joe Fox: Uh, nothing.
Kathleen Kelly: Whatever else anything is, it ought to begin by being personal.



It is tricky to tell the truth about your life while leaving out big chunks.

It's like a good parts version of the story and that's not always the most 'real' way to communicate,
but it's what works for me.

Maybe when I am old and cranky, I won't care what anyone thinks and I will tell it all.
But I don't think I will be blogging then.
I'm starting to run out of things to talk about as I finish up year six of blogging.

I've been talking for a long time.


We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about.

from Best in Show




Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.