Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Did you go to the Met Ball last night?
No?
Me either.

But that's okay.  I'm going to show you my favorite dresses.
Thank you Just Jared blog for sharing your pictures with me.

The Met Ball is hosted by Vogue big shot Anna Wintour.  She invites the fabulous to come and wear their most Vogue-worthy threads.

What you see here are my favorites.

Please pick your favorite and at the end of the day.  I will tell you mine.
You can also guess which one I loved best.

69653359

This is Leslie Mann.  She is a comic actress.
This dress is by Nina Ricci.

This event is supposed to be Avant Gard.
I think she is right on target.

69650853

Sarah Jessica Parker aka SJP.
I like this unusual floral.  It's surprising.
Dress by: Valentino.
I love him.

renee-zellweger-met-ball-2012

Renee Zellweger has been off the grid for a while,
but I think she was lovely last night in her Pucci.

emma-stone-met-ball-2012-01

Emma Stone in her Lavin dress.
I adore this dress.
I'm not sure it's right for this event.
But.  Perhaps short is the statement.

69651847

This is what I expected to see at the Met Ball.  This is Florence somebody.
Her dress is by Alexander McQueen.
Very interesting and pretty and weird.

69650705

Gorgeous dress.
Dianna Agron in Carolina Herrera
Carolina Herrera always makes beautiful dresses.

69653644

Daniel is with Rose H. and she is wearing Oscar de la Renta.
Another one of my favorite designers.

I love ruffles.


69653377


The lady in the white and orange is Tory Burch. She is a designer.
That girl in the middle is Rashida Jones. Her dad is Quincy.
I actually like the bold colors chosen by Tory but don't care for those appliques.
I think Rashida's dress is beautiful.

69650824

Why do I think of Steph when I see this dress?  Oh. yes. I remember.
Katherine McPhee in Elle Saab.
Love this color and LOVE this cut.
She looks fabulous.

69650939

And big huge props to Kristen Wiig!!!  She is most improved.
This color is wonderful.  Her hair and make up are fantastic.
Dress by Stella McCartney.
Lovelovelove.


So that's what was going on in New York last night.
Another world altogether.
It's a bit over the rainbow, isn't it?

I don't long to be there or dress like that....I am
happy to cheer them on and enjoy to show.


Be it ever so humble.
There's no place like home.

Encourage one another,
Donna

p.s.  Now it's time to go thru my prayer list.
Much healing is needed.  Thank you for joining me in the fun times and the hard times.