Tuesday, November 27, 2012

7 questions about reading

I saw this questionnaire on my Mental Multivitamin this morning.
It might be fun to give it a try. 


1. What book (a classic?) do you hate? 

I'm not sure if Angela's Ashes is considered a classic, but it is on plenty of 'must read' lists and  it even won the Pulitzer Prize so I will consider it a classic.  I hated this book.  I empathized with the main character.  I hated her husband.  I cried for her children.  I think of cold, wet, sick, hungry when I think of Angela's Ashes. I think of the plight of women married to drunkards.   I weep and shake my fist.
This is not to say McCourt did not do his job as a writer.  
It is to say, I hated his book.


2. To what extent do you judge people by what they read?

Not at all.

3. What television series would you recommend as the literariest?

Downton Abbey because who doesn't love Downton Abbey?

4. Describe your ideal home library.








5. Books or sex?  

*blush*


6. How do you decide what to read next?

It's pretty random.  
Sometimes it is something Katie read or something I saw on TV or read about on a blog.


7. How much do you talk about books in real life?

I talk with my girls about books quite a bit. Katie read The Giver last week.  She told me about it.  I felt badly that she didn't have classmates to discuss it with so we discussed it on the way to school and at bed time.  We learned a new word ; Dystopian.
I think I will read it next.
I'm a bit of a book pusher because I really love talking about my favorite books with people.


So there you go.

Please feel free to do this on your own website or leave your answers in the comments box.
I'm a little bummed I was not asked my favorite book.

You can tell me your favorite book in the comments too.

I'd like that.  (ha....and good luck with that :o)


Encourage one another,
Donna


p.s.  spellcheck does not even know what dystopian means.  hah!