Friday, November 30, 2012

Flash Back Friday

glymanchildren

Look how happy our mom looks.  Look how proud our dad looks.

This pictures was taken in late 1960 or early 1961.  Cindy is the baby.  She was born in the summer of 1960.  She is our California girl.

We lived in Anaheim as far as I remember.  We were there for just a year or so.
(Jimmy, if you happen to read this blog, please correct me if I am wrong.)

So.  In this sweet picture we have; little Donna standing in front looking to the side, Suzy is in the middle with her big brown eyes, Nancy is the tallest sister and behind her is Jimmy.

My cousin Diana posted this picture on Facebook this week and my heart skipped a beat.
When I see these old pictures I feel like Emily in Old Town. peeking in on my life, once upon a time.



“Good-by, Good-by, world. Good-by, Grover's Corners... Mama and Papa. Good-by to clocks ticking... and Mama's sunflowers. And food and coffee. And new-ironed dresses and hot baths...and sleeping and waking up. Oh, earth, you're too wonderful for anybody to realize you.” 

 Thornton Wilder, Our Town




Encourage one another,
Donna