Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Quick Bulky Mittens

Got a few hours? Knit these mittens. Pattern on Ravelry Quick Bulky Mitten by Aimee Pelletier.


I found this pattern at the yarn store...they said to get it for free on Ravelry.

It is called Quick Bulky Mitten by Aimee Pelletier.

See that ribbing?  That takes minutes to knit.  The needles are so huge and the
yarn so fat!

You only cast on 20 stitches.  So super simple.
We decided to try these as a learning project for Emma.
She finished one mitten really quickly and then we realized that the needles were too small...
8's and 10's.  So I undid it and she will try again when she gets the bigger needles.
The pattern called for this exact yarn and those sizes...I don't know what could have gone so wrong.
But I've adjusted it to work out.

I knit this pair for Katie yesterday in an hour or two.

Crazy simple.

I will make some for myself next in Blue Sky Alpaca.

The above yarn is called Malabringo Rasta.

Perfect day to make mittens.
There is a chill in the air and drips falling from the sky.

Knitting comforts.

Encourage one another,
Donna


12 comments:

  1. I tried to knit mittens once but didn't like working with the double pointed needles for the cuff. I finished them and ended up with a hole where the thumb meets the palm. Yours are lovely! I thought they were small enough for the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:04 PM

    What a lovely color for Katie's mittens.
    Great job on knitting them.
    love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color!! You got skilz, Miz B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ill take a pair in blue Donna boo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can crochet but I have wanted to learn to knit for some time now because I want to learn to knit socks! I have taken 2 knitting lessons and can knit and purl, cast on and bind off. But that's about it. I don't think I'll be knitting socks any time soon. lol These mittens are so cute but I don't know that I could do those either. Things like mittens and socks have curves and curves intimidate me. :-) I'll just keep practicing my knitting and purling for a while longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna6:06 PM

      Mittens are a great beginner project.
      You need to knit, purl, increase and decrease.
      They are not hard and little so they go quickly.

      Delete
  6. Today would have been a perfect day for mitten making here in Pennsylvania too. These are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love 'em! One of my daughters figured out how to crochet mittens w/o a pattern and quickly made a few pairs. Of course, no pattern means none of them are exactly alike - hee hee - but you don't really notice because it's fat fuzzy yarn. I love the uniqueness of them and wish I could just figure out something like that so easily.

    Have fun knitting your mittens, Donna, and please post a picture!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are darling, Donna. I do love chunky yarn. Now that Madelaine is living here again, I will have to get out my needles. I can't seem to knit unless I have her next to me, helping me when my brain totally freezes (-:

    Mucho love,
    DI

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:23 PM

    How I wish I lived nearer to you instead of on the other side of the United States. You could give a mitten knitting class and several of us could attend. How fun would that be? I am a beginning knitter and am in the middle of a scarf in seed stitch, a dark forest green. I am going to have to get with it to have the thing done to wear this winter. Have to fit knitting in around my work schedule, cooking, etc.....sigh.

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that more than you know!

      Delete
    2. I would take that class! :)

      Delete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.