Friday, July 08, 2005

Appetizer
What time do you usually go to bed at night?

Soup
When was the last time you bought groceries? What store did you go to? Name 3 things you purchased.

Salad
How many books have you read so far this year? Which was your favorite and why?

Main Course
What is something you consider to be very elegant? In particular, what about that item/place/person conjures up the feeling of elegance?

Dessert
Who taught you how to drive?


1. I go to bed between 10:30 and 12:00. I always read before turning out the lights. Last night I read Pat Conroy's Cookbook. I shed a tear.

2. I ran to the store last night for some Coke. We live in a suburb of Madison (snicker, snicker) and we have a wonderful little grocery store. Our grocery store, library and bank are my three favorite things in our little town. Oh Yikes...how could I forget The Knitting Store! Four really good things about our little town.

3. I'd say ten start to finish. My favorite being Staggerford. But I confess I have partially read at least 30 books so far this year. Some books were not good enough to finish, some I was not diligent enough to finish.
I am going to turn over a new leaf. For the rest of this year I am going to read one book at a time! Even if you tell me about a fantastic book...I will not borrow it from the library until I have finished reading my current book. I will keep a list of the books I'd like to read. This will help me read one at a time don't you think?

4. When I think of elegant, I think of our Aunt Dorothy.
Besides the way she dressed, which was very glamorous. And where she lived, Lake
Shore Drive...she was loving and hospitable. She always made us feel very special.
Yes, Aunt Dorothy is the most elegant person I have even known.

5. My brother-in-law, Binky, taught me to drive. I can barely remember practicing!
I was taking Driver's Ed at the time our parents died in a car accident.
Coach Hauptman came and sat right next to me on the day the 'accident movies' were shown in class.
The room was dark, the movie started and the coach came down the row and set his chair beside me. I think he was worried that I would have a hard time with the film. I didn't really. But I am touched, still, remembering our gruff football coach's sensitivity. I can not hear 'youse guys' without thinking of him.


Down memory lane I travel. It's one of my favorite places, you know.

Oh and one more thing about driver's ed....we practiced driving in simulators!
They were like photo booths with video screens, steering wheels and pedals!
Imagine that!



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.