Saturday, November 05, 2005






1923 New Hampshire
Gathering Leaves
by Robert Frost

Spades take up leaves
No better than spoons,
And bags full of leaves
Are light as balloons.

I make a great noise
Of rustling all day
Like rabbit and deer
Running away.

But the mountains I raise
Elude my embrace,
Flowing over my arms
And into my face.

I may load and unload
Again and again
Till I fill the whole shed,
And what have I then?

Next to nothing for weight,
And since they grew duller
From contact with earth,
Next to nothing for color.

Next to nothing for use.
But a crop is a crop,
And who's to say where
The harvest shall stop?



Poem submitted by Lynn in Wi.
Thanks!


******************


Sandy at Maple Grove has written an encouraging post about homeschooling through high school...
Homeschooling through high school


******************






I wish we could still burn our leaves in the street.
There is so much right about burning your own leaves.
No plastic bags. No waste. No gigantic, gas guzzling, labor intensive refuse truck.
Just a pleasant, aromatic, quiet burn.

Things have gotten too complicated, haven't they?


******************


Today is our (homeschool teens) Ronald McDonald House service project. I am really looking forward to this opportunity. We are serving; Chicken casserole (with biscuits on top), tossed salad, rolls and desserts.

The hard part is done, the organizing.

Can't wait to get started :o)


Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.
~Martin Luther King Jr.



Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men,
~Ephesians 6:7



Have a great weekend!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.