Tuesday, November 15, 2005

We are here.
We are here.
We are heeeerrrrreeee.

Now.

For the last few days we have been in Omaha visiting Patrick and Matthew.
And I just can't announce it on this blog when all of us are going to be away from the house.
I am sorry to worry you :o(

Perhaps we need a code.
My sister Sue thinks I need to figure out how to set up automatic blogging for the days I am away.

I'm not sure what to do.

But it was pretty sweet that both Janet and Sue called last night to check in with me.

Both of the boys are doing very well.

We have not been to Omaha since Patrick graduated from college a year and a half ago. So we got to see his apartment. It was much cleaner than I thought it would be :o) Patrick is filling out a little. I think he must weigh over 150 now :o)

Matthew's room at college (Grace University) is messy. The only thing that indicates that he lives there is his down quilt and his Packer football helmet.
Matthew's appearance is also very messy. He is not cutting his hair AND he says his dorm is celebrating "No shave November." I hope they have an "All shave December."

Knowing Matthew tho, now that he knows his hairiness bothers me....he will never shave again. And really...I don't have a big problem with long hair on men. He just looks messy.

We did meet Matthew's girlfriend Melinda over the weekend. She is a very sweet girl and I liked her right away. She spent much of the weekend with us. She comments here at the blog...so I have gotten to know her a little over the last few months. Matthew is extremely private so it's a good thing that Melinda is friendly and open.
I think she would have remained his secret if I wasn't so nosey tho.



Matthew and Katie



Windy Football Game



This is Dodge St. They are constructing a highway right over the existing street.



I found this facinating!


We stayed at the Old Market Embassy Suites. We like it there. The hotel is right across from the old section of Omaha. There are brick streets and old brick buildings. They hang twinkly lights from some of the buildings and there are many stores in which to shop.

We however did not shop.

We went to the High School State football game.
We went out to eat at a Japanese restaurant. (Where they cook right in front of you.
It was entertaining and the food was very good.)
We went to a big mega church where they have people directing parking traffic.
We walked around a big mall.
Patrick, Emma and Katie swam a bit.
The men went to a sports bar to watch the Packers beat the Falcons.
We walked around Old Market.

Just regular stuff.

I just can't believe the boys are gone...
I wish I could make them live nearby...
But you can't make 'em do stuff when they are older...

So don't let you children leave your side, ever.
Cause they might not come back.

Wait. That doesn't work, does it.

Too bad.



I wish.....


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.