Saturday, November 26, 2005

You never met a more naive girl in your life than the girl I was 25 years ago today.
I knew nothing of sacrifice.
Nothing about forgiveness.
Nothing about giving.
Nothing about self-control.
Nothing about trusting God.
Nothing about love.

I was so unprepared for marriage.

And yet...here we are.

I had a dream. A dream of a husband and children.
That dream has come true.

That dream has come true because of you, dear husband.


Looks like we made it.

Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'

(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss goodnight

I'm so glad we made it
Look how far we've come my baby


Yeah...Sappy Shania Twain song...

I say it's our song.

Patrick isn't the type to pick a song, to be our song.
And I'm sure it wouldn't be a Shania Twain song...
he is more an Eagles or Rolling Stones kinda guy.

We may be about as different as two people can be...

But, what we do have in common is a deep sense of commitment, ability to forgive, love of our children, and abiding love for one another.

And laughter.

God has held us up and shown us the way.
At least that's the way I look at it :o)

And I think we are getting the hang of it.


Love seems the swiftest but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century. ~Mark Twain



Never feel remorse for what you have thought about your wife; she has thought much worse things about you. ~Jean Rostand, Le Mariage, 1927



Twenty-five years later I am not naive anymore.
I know something about sacrifice.
and forgiveness.
and giving.
and self-control.
and trusting God.
and love.





True Love takes on a much less naive and romantic bent when one looks up the word for 'true'.


Consistent with fact or reality; not false or erroneous.
Truthful.
Real; genuine. See Synonyms at authentic.
Reliable; accurate.
Faithful, as to a friend, vow, or cause; loyal.
Sincerely felt or expressed; unfeigned: true grief.

Love forever true.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.