Thursday, November 15, 2007

With Grateful Memory


We thank Thee, Lord, for the glory of the late days and the excellent face of Thy sun.
We thank Thee for good news received.
We thank Thee for the pleasures we have enjoyed and for those we have been able to confer.
And now, when the clouds gather and rain impends over the forest and our house, permit us not to be cast down;
let us not lose the savor of past memories and past pleasures;
but, like the voice of a bird singing in the rain,
let grateful memory survive in the hour of darkness.

~Robert Louis Stevenson




For All Good Gifts

We plow the fields, and scatter
The good seed on the land,
But it is fed and watered
By God's almighty hand.

All good gifts around us
Are sent from heaven above;
Then thank the Lord, O thank the Lord,
For all His love.

~Matthias Claudius





I think of my life, my actions,
our children,
as those fields,
those seeds,
that land.

I must remember that God is there.

It's not just about me being the perfect mom.

It's about Him.

And I'm so glad He is bigger than me.

When our children are grown....

He is still working, He is still present, He is still loving.

Still.


******


20071114_1268.jpg-2

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.