Monday, August 17, 2009

Donna and Patrick's most excellent adventure.


DSC_8418

Just this week we saw this restaurant featured on Diner's Drive-in's and Dives.
I wrote the name down and googled the address.

Guy is so enthusiastic, he makes us want to eat at all of the fab places he dines!!!


DSC_8405-2

However, Guy had duck when he visited Cempazuchi's.
I just could not risk it and get duck.
Would you have gotten the duck taco?

Anyway. I did try perch tacos. They were different and tasty. The guacamole was wonderful.
Patrick ate his very first mexican food. Steak tacos. Plain.

DSC_8413

I don't know Milwaukee very well at all. But this was a cool neighborhood.
Lots of people and flowers and Italian restaurants, bakeries and bars.

Hey! Restaurants, bakeries and bars.

That has a nice ring to it. Think I have an idea for a Food Network show.

My sister Cindy will have to come along for the 'bars' portion of the show. hehe

Cindy....are you there?

DSC_8420-2

A real family bakery.
A real Italian family bakery.

They sold ham at this bakery too. And gelato.
And lots of little powdery cookies.

With a pound of sliced ham you got six free buns.

Such a deal.

DSC_8424-2

After lunch we searched for the Milwaukee Art Museum.
And found it at the end of Wisconsin St.

I was not disappointed at all. In fact, I think Milwaukee is Wisconsin's best kept secret!
I don't know if it was the weather, the empty streets, the wonderful situation of this museum...
but I kind of feel in love with this area.

I have been to Milwaukee a handful of times. But this museum. This spectacular museum, on the waterfront, in the summer.

It was amazing!

DSC_8441-2

DSC_8443-2

DSC_8447-3

DSC_8453-2

This painting enchanted me.

DSC_8481-2

If you can decipher the name of the artist, will you let me know in the comments.
I forgot to take pictures of the "nameplates" and came home with paintings with no names this time.


DSC_8482-2


DSC_8460-2

I love getting super close to art.
It awes me.

DSC_8465-2

This palette slays me.



So long Milwaukee...

DSC_8500-2

already looking forward to our next visit!

DSC_8496-2


...beauty actually is all around


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.