Friday, August 28, 2009

Imagine this.

Ree and Miz Boo and Katie are driving along in a feed truck, or was it standing in the lodge kitchen.

I think it was in the kitchen. We were chatting away. Ree likes to ask questions: What are your favorite movies?
What do you like to cook?

And then Ree asked Katie, "Katie, what is your favorite thing to eat?"

Without a moments hesitation Katie answered, "Ravioli in a can. I eat it all the time."

Imagine the horror. Here I am standing with an extraordinary cook. A tireless, wonderful, fantastic cook.

And I am outed by my Katie.

Yup.

I rock the Ravioli in the can!

"When I was a young girl Grover Cleveland was the president." said Ree.

No. She didn't say that. Well she did...but it was a little earlier in the conversation.
You'd have to be there. And you'd have to be a movie nut.
Can you guess the movie?

What she really said was, "I use to come home from school and have Ravioli in the can almost every day."

The girl is quick. She didn't miss a second to quell my self-loathing.

It's one of her finest qualities.







I really don't want to do a Friday Five today.

I'd love to know what you read this summer!
Do you have a book you highly recommend?

What was the best movie you saw this summer?
I have still not had a chance to see Julie and Julia...but I know I will like it.
Last year I read My life in France by Julia Child and I like her very much.



See you in the comments!



Encourage one another,
Donna



p.s.

I miss you Emma. Phone home.

DSC_7257

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.