Wednesday, August 26, 2009

They were quiet as little mice for the first hour and a half...

And then. An idea was hatched.

"Mom, can we play blind-folded makeovers?"

And I hesitated. Oh that sounds perilous and messy.
An eye could get poked. Leonie and Sophia's mother might not like it.

But the girls convinced this nervous Nelly that, it would be just fine.

And so I helped them pick out the make up they could use.
(I had to be sure no Sharpies were being used. I have been around the block a few times, you know.)

And I let them have fun.

DSC_9739-2

"Let the wild rumpus start!"

DSC_9742



*****


Within this bowl is my very favorite summer salad.


DSC_9765



It was wonderful.


DSC_9758


My mouth is actually watering right now.


Here's what I put in my summer salad.


one large tomato
one half a cucumber
large slice of sweet onion
feta cheese
splash of apple cider vinegar
splash of lemon
lots of salt
pepper
shake of garlic salt
big pinch of oregano


Oh my gosh....I just have to say,

Get in my belly!!!


It was a very good day.
Happy girls and my favorite salad.

Yes. I am that easy to please.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.