Friday, January 30, 2004

Casting my Cares and reeling them back in

This seems to be the pattern. When I am deeply troubled, I have a hard time leaving my troubles where they belong...with God.

I wonder what my part is in the problem and how I can fix the problem.

I ask God to forgive me and give me wisdom. That part is not too hard for me. The fixing part, which is out of my control, is the place I get stuck.

I have a little booklet that a friend gave me a few years ago. It is pressed open to this quote;

"Say, "Lord, I'm putting it into Your hands. I'm going to turn that over to You. I refuse to fret anymore, I refuse to worry anymore. I refuse to be unduly concerned anymore about this. You said to cast it all on You because You love me: You care for me affectionately andc You care about me watchfully, and I thank You for it."
-Kenneth E. Hagin

Here are two verses I cling to;

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
Phil 4:6

"Casting all your care upon Him; for He cateth for you."
Peter 5:7


And a movie quote....A River Runs Through It.

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding."

Do you have someone in your life that you do not understand? ....and can't control?

"you can love completely without complete understanding."

*sigh*





Encourage one another,
Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.