Saturday, January 03, 2004

Hey! How about that! Comments and a few links...

I'd like to thank all of the little people :o)
My Help Desk Manager of a husband and a co-worker of his, made this all possible.
On my own....I was going nowhere....fast!
So a big hug to hubby and thank you to B.

I am delighted to have received a comment! WooHoo! All the way from Sweden!
Along with living a quiet life....I am easily amused :o)

Katie Gracie Loves Her Mommy

After 22 years of parenting I have a child who unabashedly adores me.
It surprises and humbles me. Our other children love me...no doubt....but they are less demonstrative.
Katie Gracie (4) is obvious.

Yesterday while we were swinging and singing to Shania Twain (yep, you heard right) I noticed that every time I shoved my sleeves up...she did too.
Then she told me that when she is a mommy and she has a baby she will name her 'Donna'.
This is especially touching to me because I have never like my name...but to her it is lovely.

She sees the best in me....I do not. I am not deserving of her adoration. But I do feel more keenly the responsibility I have to model well for her.
"Create in me a clean heart O God"

Ah, Motherhood. My calling, my life....my joy.


Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe

These are wonderful cookies. I can not make Toll House Cookies. I have tried a hundred times and they melt and burn. Last month I remembered how delicious these cookies were and searched for them on the internet. (We used to buy them at the Neiman Marcus in Chicago) I have made them four times and am thrilled with the result! Everyone likes them and they bake up very well.

One more thing...there is an Urban legend about this recipe. There is a story that a woman wanted to buy the recipe from NM and the clerk told her it would be two-fifty. So the woman said, great, I'll take it. Later that month when the bill came, the woman was charged $250.00.
This is not true....NM gives the recipe away absolutely free on their website to refute this old story.

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cups flour
1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder, slightly crushed (I use 1 teaspoon of instant coffee instead)
8 ounces chocolate chips (I use less)

Directions

1. Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy.
2. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
3. Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
10 to 12 minutes for a crispier cookie. Makes 12 to 15 large cookies.

There you have it :o) Espresso powder...who would've thunk it?
Yum.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.