Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sweet words


Yesterday as I was gabbing about the Summer Reading Challenge, Emma said to me,

"What should I read next?"


Those words are almost as sweet as...

"Will you read outloud to me?"

he he he

(And Cindy, you don't know how much I would love to come to Missouri and get you started on To Kill A Mockingbird!! :o) You could sit in the sun with your eyes closed and I would read and read and read. Just like old times!)

Anyway, so my reply to Emma, who has just finished "Vanity Fair" (which she enjoyed and found humorous) was...

"Exodus" is an excellent book, or you could read "The Hawk and the Dove" before I get to it.

Even tho those are both good suggestions, we felt like browsing around Border's books last night.

I searched and found "Sister of My Heart" and "The Secret Life of Bees". Both books I have enjoyed very much, in the last five years, which Emma hasn't read.

(Emma was, by the way, looking at a picture book entitled "Boys" and another called "Laguna Beach". )


When we got home I stacked the books on the kitchen table.


This morning, one of the books is missing.

Looks like Emma is reading "Sister of my Heart".


And that makes me smile.


One filled with joy preaches without preaching.
~Mother Teresa


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.