Saturday, January 17, 2009

The calm before the storm.

20090117_4550-2

You are not going to believe it.
But I don't have any pictures of the party.

Well. I have three really bad pictures of the party.

So I will have to use words.

There was screaming.
And waltzing.
And eating of M & M's and Cheetos.
There was singing in groups and singing alone.
There was an original song sung by two little rebels.
There was chocolate sheet cake and vanilla ice cream with the number nine and squiggly candles on top.
One bloody nose.
Eager gift givers.
Father's arriving early.
And piano playing.


It was wild.
It was hectic.

We hope they had a good time.

Katie and Carrie say it was fun.

I have already given notice that this is not going to be a yearly occurrence.

Next year she is going to have to keeps things simple and small.

*sigh*



****

Does anyone feel like sewing something really cute?


I ran across this pattern at a knitting blogger's page last week.

Here is the link for the pattern:


Ruffled Apron

And here is a link to a great homeschool mother who is selling fabric on Etsy.


Fresh Squeezed Fabrics


Let me know if you decide to try this pattern!

I may.


But first, we will be making bread today!!!

I'll let you know how that goes.



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.