Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday. Part Deux aka Part Doo.

Every day as I drive my precious child to school we listen to the radio.

I switch around between four or five stations.

I switch when I don't care for a song or if I know a swear word is coming up.

I switch when Connie and Fish get too mature for little ears.

Today they were hilarious talking about their trip to DC for the Inauguration.

We both listened and laughed.

But the thing that has me so riled up....

are the cosmetic surgery commercials.

I am used to ignoring commercials. But these commercials with thier horrible, sad message break my heart.

And I need to be on the alert to them.

Need to shut them off!

We had Seventeen magazine and Marcia Brady to compare ourselves to.

And look how self-conscious and weirded out most of us are about our body images!


Todays girls are bombarded with plastic surgery shows and talk and ads.

This was just unheard of a generation ago.

But plastic surgery for nose jobs and tummy tucks are so common place they are advertised on television and radio all day long.

So I will be on alert to change the channels due to inappropriate and harmful commercials.

I'm just so sorry for the message that is being sent to the young women in our country.



People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.