Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Isn't attraction between men and women an interesting and weird thing.
And a painful thing too?

As I confessed a few weeks ago, I watch the Bachelor.
Always have. Don't hate me.

But last night my heart broke for a woman who was sent home.

This woman is beautiful and intelligent and accomplished.

In the limo, she said "Do I need to be more beautiful? more intelligent?

And I shouted at the TV, 'you are exactly perfect the way you are! Jason isn't the one for you.'

Man! That show messes with the girl's minds.

But, I can remember how I hated to go out to bars with friends before I was married.
I hated that time of "looking for the person who would love me".
Hated waiting to be asked to dance. (In the days of Disco.)

Did not like it at all.

It is so hard to be a young girl and have dreams of a husband and family,
but really have no control over the whole situation.

We can go out there and get the education we desire and the apartment and the job....

But we really can't not go out there and get the man, now, can we?

(I'm from the day when girls did not call boys. And no one called the house after nine pm)

And all that good advice about going about your business and doing the next thing while you wait for Mr. Right....
well, that is easier said than done, isn't it?


As a woman of faith, I can say with assurance that God will bring you the person He wants you to have, at the perfect time.
Just like He does with friends. I believe this. But if you do not have this kind of faith, it can be depressing and frustrating.

And even if you have a strong faith, your heart can get involved and overrule what you know is true.


I'm thinking they need a good, kind counselor to ride along in the limo with the rejected girls.
Someone to tell they they are lovely and perfect just the way they are....
but that chemistry thing is allusive. There is just no telling what makes the heart go pitter-pat for one girl and not the other.

And chemistry is just chemistry. We know we can have chemistry with someone who is very bad for us.


Finding true love.

It's almost like magic.











And then the real work begins.




Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.