Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Five


What’s something you will not eat unless you also have ketchup?

McDonald's fries. I am bummed if we forget to get their ketchup and salt packets.


What’s something you will not drink unless it is served on ice cubes?


Pop. I like a lot of ice, please.


What’s something you will not eat unless it is served between slices of bread?


Liver Sausage.

Well, it's okay to nibble from the little plastic end that you cut off.


What’s something you will not drink unless you have a straw?


Smoothies. They are just better with straws.


What’s something else you will not eat except under very specific circumstances?


Lamb.

I remember wonderful shish kabobs from my childhood.
Our mom or Aunt Dorothy would place beef and lamb chunks on the skewer along with onion, green pepper, tomato and a mushroom. I remember the lamb being better than the beef. It was super tender.

Aunt Dorothy would also prepare a whole lamb for Greek Easter.

This totally freaked me out. And I don't remember liking it one bit.
Just give me some dark red eggs to crack and let's call it a day.

By the way, I missed the Greek Picnic this year.
It was last weekend. I am totally bummed. I was hoping to take my sister to it this weekend.
Dang. I will have to wait a whole year for that magnificent Greek salad.




Thank you Friday5.org


*****


The bathroom redecorate.

It's going just fine. I think.

I have finished scraping wallpaper.
I have finished "plastering".
Today I will sand and perhaps prime.

I have never done any of this before and the bathroom looks like a big splotchy mess right now but
I think it is going to be fine.

I hope.

I'm going for fine here. Did ya notice?

Fine will be GREAT!


*****

Photoshoot this afternoon! I am so excited to meet this young lady!
We will shoot in two locations; one being a swimming pool.

How unique is that!? I can't wait to see what we come up with.
I love that this senior has a vision for what she would like.

Super fun!



DSC_5211-2
This is Cindy. She is coming tomorrow!!!
She is fabulous. And I mean it sincerely!

Cindy's big dream in life is to drive the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile.
Generally Oscar only hires recent college grads for the job.
But anyone who knows Cindy, knows she is perfect for the job and OM would be
LUCKY to have her on the job.

Maybe we should have a grass roots movement to get Cindy her dream-job-come-true!!!


She's an excellent driver.










Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~Mark Twain





What is your grandest dream?




Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.