Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have a wonderful story to tell you.
But first I had to get Patrick's permission. He didn't want to be singled out and spotlighted.
But I pleaded a little bit and told him, "I want to tell the story and you are a big part of this story."
"Alright", he groaned.


It was a dark and stormy night.

Not.


I'll start at the beginning.

Once upon a time Ree aka The Pioneer Woman wrote me an email and invited Patrick and I to come to the ranch. Patrick saw the email first. He just couldn't wait for me to see it! "I think today is going to be a very good day." he teased.

I sat down to the computer and opened the email.
There it was. An invitation to the ranch. In April. On the exact day of Katie's ONE performance of The Princess and the Pea.

My heart sank. I had to decline. My heart sank again. I was so sad.

Ree said in the email that if I couldn't come this time she would 'make me come some other time."

I was able to move on. It was hard but one can't go around encouraging others while being in the dumper.

And so I did the next thing.

Little did I know that Patrick was plotting behind the scenes. He felt so badly for me, he wrote to Ree and asked if they could work on a time that I could come down to visit. She said, "Absolutely, Positively " or something like that. They decided it would be a surprise. They plotted and planned and checked schedules thru May, June and July.

A few weeks ago Patrick sent me an email with flight information on it.
(He is a man of few words.)

Two tickets to Tulsa. August 6th.

I was stunned. Speechless really. Never been so surprised in my life.

I had to drag the whole story out of him and made him show me the emails between himself and Ree.
Yeah. His pen pal.

He planned for Katie and I go to the ranch. He would stay home and work.
(I think he would enjoy it, but he much more enjoyed surprising me and making one of my dreams come true!)
What a husband!!!


The next day, I called to make reservations for Emma to come along.

Things just seem so much more fun for me with the girls by my side.

I know Ree understands this...

I can't really believe it is happening. In one week.

The amazing Ree Ree. The funny and hospitable and talented and lovely Ree.

It's all a bit like stepping onto a set of my favorite show.
But it's real.

I am so excited and a little scared.

I wish I was driving so I could fill the car up with things for her and her family.
Instead I will pack the suitcase with some little gifts.

I don't plan on riding a horse. I plan on riding in the suburban or the gator.
I plan on taking a lot of pictures and laughing a lot.


Katie hopes to play with Ree's children and the dogs.
Emma doesn't really know what to think about all of this.
She just knows it makes her mom really happy and she will come along and be happy with me.

So that's my story for today.
My exciting, amazing story.
It couldn't be told without Patrick.
It wouldn't be happening without Patrick.

My thoughtful, wonderful, surprising, Patrick.


DSC_6295-2


Feeling very blessed,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.