Saturday, July 04, 2009

DSC_3500-2

No one would mind if I built a little cottage right here. Would they?





DSC_3580-2

DSC_3576-2

DSC_3567-4

We went on a little adventure yesterday.
Governor Dodge State Park and Brigham Park.
And a quick stop at A & W for some smooth, tasty root beer.

What is your favorite root beer? I'd like to know :o)


DSC_3487

I bet you are wondering what is on the back of Emma's t-shirt, aren't you?

wildolivetees

Honoring our Vets

Here in Madison we have concerts on the square. The square around the state capitol.
It is a beautiful setting. On the week of the fourth of July there is a patriotic theme.

Veterans from the various 'services' are asked to stand when their theme song is played.

It touches me so much and I get all emotional.
And I am thankful for their sacrifice.


How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson


The winds that blow through the wide sky in these mounts, the winds that sweep from Canada to Mexico, from the Pacific to the Atlantic - have always blown on free men. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.