Friday, June 28, 2013

Beautiful Summertime Wisconsin

DSC_4715

At the beach.

modesty prevails on the blog
at least with my own child
doesn't count for red carpet

Katie is adding I heart Radio to her dad's phone.
People don't take transistor radios to the beach any more.
shoot.


*******

Yesterday on a quest for Krispy Kremes for Katie we went on an adventure.
My friend, Gail, posted an instagram last week of Pope Farm Park.  The picture had a stone wall and a row of trees.  This alone made me want to go there.
I looked it up.  Was shocked to see how close it was to my favorite old church and Chipotle and Krispy Kreme so we turned left instead of right on Old Sauk and there it was.

You can see the rock wall and the row of trees as soon as you enter the park.  But the best part was the short little drive up the hill.  Because on the top of the hill, the top of the park was an amazing view.
And you know I love a view.  I could even see lake Mendota or Monona is the distance.  Looking the other way are crops and forests.  It was so gorgeous.  It is now my favorite park in the Madison area.


Most beautiful place around

no filter.


upload

with filter in Instagram

people seem to like this one best.  i like the one above this.



Good game!

Softball Wednesday night

pretty long shadows...


Girls of Summer

and last night....

Girls of Summer BW


color or black and white?


******

Happy summer to one and all.
Wishing you a light breeze and soft light...and a hot dog or two.


Encourage one another,
Donna

























23 comments:

  1. Hello! What a beautiful sky in those top two photos - the clouds are magnificent.

    The photo of Katie is beautiful too :-)

    As for the girls of baseball - I sort of lean towards the B & W. But it's a close call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you going on your vacation...or holiday as they say in Europe?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I'm slowly getting brainwashed! Our vacation/holiday is:

      We are flying to Scotland, stopping at Edinburgh to see what we can see, then renting a car and going up to the Highlands and probably some of the coast. We'll be driving all over and I'm jazzed. Plus they speak English! (sort of!)

      (maybe I should re-watch the Season Finale for Downton -- minus the last 5 minutes :-/

      Delete
  2. Light breeze and a hot dog! What a perfect wish for a Friday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky - I've got the soft light and breeze - sure could go for a hotdog though :-)

      Delete
  3. That's my Chipotle!! :) I think that second photo is so magical because of the distinct layers. Is just amazing.

    That should say, 'it's just amazing' but I can't go back and edit comments in blogspot for some reason on the iPad - it locks up. So I'll just correct myself as I go.

    With a hankering for chipotle instead of a hot dog,
    Steph
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmmm Chipotle. Oh that sounds good. Always on my list when I am in the States.

      Delete
    2. Susan, if you make it to Madison this fall.... :) Sending hugs!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11:50 AM

    I love the first photo with all that wonderful sky and then the green, green grass. It makes me feel peaceful just to look at it.
    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first Pope Farm picture best, Donna. Thanks for sharing the pretty view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Park photo...first one is my favorite.
    Softball photo...black and white is delightful and kind of the way I remember softball games with our boys. Maybe my memory is in black and white. ;-)
    love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your first picture of softball. It makes me think about 50'S. Peaceful, full of hope and modest joys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are back to blazing temps, so cool breezes and food cooked in someone's kitchen are my wish (-:

    I love the b/w softball picture...it makes it look more vintagey.

    The real question is: how can you go to Krispy Kreme and not get a donut for yourself? I feel tempted and there isn't even a KK near me.

    "I love a view." Someday you will sit on my deck and enjoy my view, Donna Elsie. We will sip beverages that do not cause allergic reactions and we will laugh and talk and talk and talk. And we won't have to climb heart attack hills for my view (-: (California Dreamin' here)

    Love,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *someone ELSE'S kitchen.

      Delete
    2. You are a wonderful wordsmith Di!!
      One day. Oh we do have a fantastic memory to cherish until then !

      Delete
  9. Anonymous1:19 PM

    Be sure to visit Pope Farm Park in August when the sunflower field is full. Here is what it looks like. http://bit.ly/17HZNrT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is fantastic! Great picture in a lovely spot!

      Delete
    2. I just took a peek - WOW is right!! gorgeous !

      Delete
  10. a hot dog! I Love a charred hot dog most in summer. I'd take it over a steak any daY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:55 AM

    Love these pictures! I'd probably pick the black and white girls of summer shot if I had to choose. Hot dogs go with softball and baseball, too! Love them Chicago style, but also cut up in a bowl with cucumbers, tomatoes and ketchup. Think I know what I'll have for lunch today! :)

    Happy weekend!

    Mary Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. I second Chipotle.
    LOVE these images so much.
    Magical. Pure summer magic.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.