Tuesday, July 22, 2014

ahhhh

Pre game meeting.

It was a beautiful July night at the ball park.
Big shade trees and a very fine breeze made it just gorgeous.

Would I get tired of this kind of weather?
I really do doubt it.




Spring flew swiftly by, and summer came; and if the village had been beautiful at first, it was now in the full glow and luxuriance of its richness. The great trees, which had looked shrunken and bare in the earlier months, had now burst into strong life and health; and stretching forth their green arms over the thirsty ground, converted open and naked spots into choice nooks, where was a deep and pleasant shade from which to look upon the wide prospect, steeped in sunshine, which lay stretched out beyond. The earth had donned her mantle of brightest green; and shed her richest perfumes abroad. It was the prime and vigour of the year; all things were glad and flourishing. ~Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist


Pretty in the wind


Another windy, gorgeous summer day.
Remembered.
The feeling I get looking at this picture is peace.
ahhhhhhhh


Encourage one another,
Donna

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Once again, you speak to my soul. I love the Dickens passage...so beautiful. And the photo of Katie does indeed speak of wonderful summertime peacefulness. Like you, I don't think I would ever tire of summer weather. I could have it year round and be very happy. My husband says he needs the four seasons and variation, but I would be very content with warm sun and easy breezes always.

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness. Katie looks like Anne of Green Gables in that picture. So dreamy and otherworldly. “Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds.” -- L.M. Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:17 PM

      Perfect, Beth!! :)

      Mary Z

      Delete
    2. My thoughts exactly Beth!

      Delete
  3. I see your girl! ITs so hot and humid right now, being outside = yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:05 PM

    Enjoy the softball season! Jamey played baseball from kindergarten through 10th grade and Molly softball from pre-school through 8th grade - and only his last three years overlapped with her first three. So that was A LOT of summer nights sitting out at the old ball field. I really miss it!

    I may have to re-read Oliver Twist. Charles really had a way with words, didn't he? What a beautiful passage!

    Mary Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:05 PM

    Lovely quote and beautiful Katie, thanks for the smile!
    We love sweet summer nights and star gazing.
    Reminded me of a poem by Robert Wallace entitled: In the Field Forever

    Sun's a roaring dandelion, hour by hour.
    Sometimes the moon's a scythe,
    Sometimes a silver flower.
    But the stars! All night long the stars are clover.
    Over, and over, and over!
    love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just beautiful jep! Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Jep, you always have the best quotes and poems! Love it.

      And Katie's ethereal beauty makes me smile...again and again.

      Happy Tuesday,
      DI

      Delete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.