Friday, January 28, 2005

Friday Five:food memories

List five foods that remind you of home or your childhood.

1. Spaghetti. I remember watching our mother make spaghetti(sauce). I would help her braise the beef and she showed me how she seasoned it. A sprinkle of basil, a larger sprinkle of oregano and two bay leaves, salt and pepper. My husband will not eat spaghetti sauce out of a jar, he likes mine :o)

2. Sandwiches. Our mother made the best sandwiches! I'll let my sisters tell you what was so great about them :o)

3. Oatmeal. Must have butter, sugar and milk.

4. French Toast. Our mother stood and cooked heaps of this while all seven of us ate and ate and ate. "Esther please sit down!"
I like it with butter and powdered sugar and syrup.

5. Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy! The best meal ever! The roast beef was sliced very thin and the gravy was dark brown. I do not know how to make this meal and restaurant gravy is never as good as our mother's!
A swimming pool filled with gravy is my ambrosia!


Many thanks to Suzanne for sending this idea for the Friday Five.
Looks like fun!

Encourage one another and try not to drool on your keyboard,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.