Friday, January 07, 2005

Friday Five;the recommendations.

Just supposin'

1. I want to see a great movie this weekend. What should I see?
2. I want to read a fantastic 'page-turner'. What shall I read?
3. I want to be a better wife. What's your advice?
4. I want to study the Bible. Where do I start?
5. I want to lose weight. What works for you?





Here is a very good recipe, on loan from Weight Watchers and my friend Ann :o)

White Chocolate Cranberry Loaf

1 box white cake mix
3/4 C. flour
1 tsp orange peel
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 cup white chocolate chips

Grease two loaf pans and set oven at 350.
Mix cake mix, flour and orange peel. Add wet ingredients. Fold in cranberries and chips.

Bake @ One hour.

One slice of bread is 4 points. Which means about 200 calories.

Ann added walnuts. This is very nice.

I have prepared this recipe twice. It was better the first time because I had an orange and used the orange peel. (Ya know how you always wonder if skipping a simple little ingredient like that matters? Well, I noticed that the loaf was less tasty without the orange peel.)

One more thing, the cranberries sunk to the bottom the first time so the second batch I set some extra berries on top of the loaf just before baking. It seemed to do the trick :o)




The important thing about this bread is that it is very tasty.
It's true that it is light. And you will meet sweet and tart there too.
But the important thing about this bread is that it is tasty.


Don't forget the Friday Five!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.