Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy 2005




******Update******
I knew I was nominated (by dear blog-sistah Linda) but today I noticed that I was a finalist.
And then thoughtful MFS sent me the button below. MFS aka Mental Mulitvitamin is nominated in the literary/book blog category.

You can click right on that big ole BOB button and vote for this blog. That is, if you think I am worthy :o)



***********


Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.
Leonardo da Vinci


Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


Walk boldly and wisely...There is a hand that will help thee on.
-Philip James Bailey

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
Helen Keller


Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is not a lengthy visitor.
-Cinderella's Mother

_______________________


This is just my favorite so I will post it again for the New Year.

Let nothing disturb thee,
Let nothing affright thee.
All things are passing.
God never changes.
Patience gains all things.
Who has God wants nothing.
God alone suffices.

-St. Theresa of Avila

_______________________


Dear Lord,
Thank you for the gift of new year.
Help me to live it in a way that will bring you glory.
For without you I can do nothing.
Yet I am full of hope for you promise to be with me every step of the way.
Amen

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.