Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Vintage Knits

1980 was a very good year for knitting. I had just graduated from college and was living on my own for the first time. I can remember sitting on the floor in my bedroom with my back against the bed in front of a little color television and knitting. I was very, very productive.

About thirteen years later my sister Nancy sent me a package. When I opened it I found the maroon sweater coat that I knit for her daughter so many years ago. She wanted me to have it for Emma to wear!

Oh my goodness! I made this! I hardly remembered it!
How wonderful that Nancy had saved it all those years and passed it on the Emma.
Nancy: "Of course, I always save the things you make!"
Sweet!

Who knew that I would have another little girl to wear this sweet coat.

It is holding up very well. I mended the moth eaten holes this fall and it is not very noticeable. I picked a cute style...and the yarn is not piling...perhaps it will adorn another little girl some day.



Wooden buttons.



Pleats and seed stitch on the yoke. I can't believe I did this!

Here is a sweater I knit for Janet when she was a Senior in High School.
I think I sent it to Janet without buttons and she had to fend for herself.



Emma is going through a preppy stage and this sweater suits her...for now.
I love seeing it on her.

That's it for Show and Tell.

Now get knitting :o)

Encourage one another,
Donna

p.s. Many years I did not knit a thing. I learned to quilt and that was all encompassing.

I'll show you my quilts some day.

Oh yes...I like to cross stitch and needlepoint too. I have a very funny needlepoint story. Can you imagine that?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.