Monday, January 31, 2005

Impressions

We have been on a little movie kick at our house in the last four days.

Emma and I watched An Affair to Remember late Thursday night.
It's a charming movie really. Cary Grant and Debra Kerr just glow.

And well to hear these lines again...

Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories...

Oh, it's nobody's fault but my own! I was looking up... it was the nearest thing to heaven! You were there...

An Affair to Remember (1957) --- A very good year :o)

____________

Then Patrick, Emma and I watched The Village. First time for all of us.

This movie has an interesting premise. Interesting motives.

Dumb people.

I'm sorry. No matter what kind of oath you take YOU DO NOT SEND THE BLIND GIRL ON THE MISSION.

This just aggravated me to no end!

These folks were also naive--completely ignorant about the nature of sin.
Did anyone else think of that?

_____________

Then we watched Dodgeball.

Funny, crude, sophomoric gags.

Just what we expected.

Better then Zoolander.

______________

And last night I watched a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie called The Magic of Ordinary Days.

This is the best made for television movie I think I have ever seen. It was quiet and interesting and tender and sweet.

The themes are family and love.

The Magic of Ordinary Days is the very best kind of love story.

_____________

I'm not sure if Hallmark releases it's movies to DVD or videotape for renting. But if they do, I recommend The Magic of Ordinary Days to all of you.

Have you watched anything worth recommending lately?

Encourage one another,
Donna

****Beware--The Village Spoilers in the Comments box******

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.