Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Touching

'Words of love so soft and tender'

That's it. More than anything, words of love get me every time.
It must not be easy to do because I hear much too little of it.
Words of love for our children come easily don't they. But why are words of love for our husbands so few?

Here is part of an article written by Janet Dahl. She is the wife of a very silly radio DJ in Chicago. She has a spot on Steve's website called Janet's Planet where she writes about her family. She often writes words of love to her husband.
She has inspired me to be more appreciative and less critical of my husband just by reading her article.

For the occasion of Steve's 50th birthday, Janet writes;

"We have blundered through a few bad times, and a zillion good ones. He has given me a life that few people can dream of: rich with my 3 sons, my home, my security and our love. He still makes me laugh, and he still touches my heart with his unexpected kindnesses. He lets me see him raw: when he is mad, or sad, or even frightened, he is brave enough to let me know. He never lets me down, and he works constantly to keep us all from harm... He is not just a gift, mind you- he is also a full time job."
"And so as he struggles with his weight, and over-thinks almost everything he does, and worries about everything in the universe, I am there to encourage and calm him. And when he is a goof-nut, I am able to tease him into reform. When he is really out of line, the teacher Janet can ration out a lesson and punishment. Mostly, I love him –not unconditionally- but endlessly. That is my renewable gift for him. It is not for the birthday, but for every day, because that is how love works."

How lovely is that?

"Mostly, I love him –not unconditionally- but endlessly. That is my renewable gift for him. It is not for the birthday, but for every day, because that is how love works."

I think our husbands need to hear this sort of thing, don't you?

Thank you, Janet Dahl. Your example has been a welcome reminder and encouragement to me :o)

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.