Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mr Darcy is truly a knight in shining armor.


So at this point in the movie, I thought to grab my camera. I love the bow on this hat. The color is
so gorgeous. And the dialog is so wonderful.

20080225_5197
"My feelings....are quite the opposite."


20080225_5198
"Hot dang!!! She likes me! She really likes me!!!"


20080225_5212

Houston, we have eye contact.


20080225_5214

Ahhhhhh. Their hands almost touch.
Look at how huge that tree is to their left!

20080225_5218
Another great scene!

Here it is from the book. I've included the part where Lizzy tells her father all that Mr. Darcy has done.
(This is not in the movie but it is very satisfying to me that it is in the book.)

"Well, my dear,'' said he, when she ceased speaking, "I have no more to say. If this be the case, he deserves you. I could not have parted with you, my Lizzy, to any one less worthy.''

To complete the favourable impression, she then told him what Mr. Darcy had voluntarily done for Lydia. He heard her with astonishment.

"This is an evening of wonders, indeed! And so, Darcy did every thing: made up the match, gave the money, paid the fellow's debts, and got him his commission! So much the better. It will save me a world of trouble and economy. Had it been your uncle's doing, I must and would have paid him; but these violent young lovers carry every thing their own way. I shall offer to pay him to-morrow; he will rant and storm about his love for you, and there will be an end of the matter.''

20080225_5224

The perfect end.



********

And now for something completely different.


Instructions for Parents

(via Dooce)

Why does the mother in the pictures remind me of Britney Spears?





********


You wonder if Katie is always gazing at me with peace and patience, don't you?
You wonder if she ever takes a bad or goofy picture, don't you?

Rockin Katie-1

Yeah. She's doing the robot.
And then acting like a rock star.

Uh huh.

Everyday. This is the real Katie.



Happy Tuesday everyone!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.