Saturday, February 09, 2008

You have got to make this!!!

Back in the 80's or was it the 90's this recipe was all the rage.

Everyone was making it.

Stirrup pants and Benneton sweaters and babies and Chinese Coleslaw.

That's how I remember it.

As I paged thru Ina's books( The Barefoot Contessa) I spotted a fancy version of my recipe...
and I didn't feel like buying all of those exotic ingredients so I dug out my sister Cindy's recipe.

I'm sure Ina's is delicious. De-li-cious!

But Cindy's is easy and yummy too.

I couldn't stop eating it.


And for once, there was a vegetable involved.

So that's a good thing.


Chinese Coleslaw by Cindy Boyer

1 pkg Coleslaw
bunch of green onions
1 c. sunflower seeds
1 c. almond slivers-toasted
1 pkg. beef Ramen noodles- crunched up.

Dressing

The seasoning packet from the Ramen noodles package
1/2 c. sugar
1/3 c. vinegar
1/2 c. oil

In large bowl, combine the top five ingredients.
Combine and whisk all of the dressing ingredients.

Pour the dressing over the salad and wait a little bit.
The noodles need to soften up a little.


That's it.

Easy and pretty inexpensive!

And really yummy!



What else was all the rage on the dinner table 20 years ago?

How about that spinach dip in a bread bowl?

Or frozen yogurt?


Can you remember anything?
Or were you too busy primping for the Rick Springfield concert?


Encourage one another,
Donna

P.S. In 1983, Janice and Janet drove down to Chicago to go to a Rick Springfield concert.
They stayed with me and my little family. (Patrick Sr., baby Patrick and me)
I can remember their excitement after the concert as they jumped on my bed and told me all
about the concert.

They loved when Rick said, "Hello Chicago!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.