Monday, November 07, 2011

Thank you for the many great ideas for the coaches.
I did not have time to do many of them and I just couldn't decide on gift cards.
The amount we had to spend on each coach would not have paid for a family meal...so I didn't want to give a gift that they
would have to spend money to use. Do you know what I mean?

So I went with my oddball idea of scarves. I looked online at the gap and saw some color block scarves that were neutral-ish. I know all the moms have black coats so we would be safe.

Katie and I made smaller gift bags for the coaches' helpers. We got them Essie nail polish, emery boards and polish remover.

I know. I know. Not sporty at all. But this is what happens when you put me in charge. I never do things like anybody else.


Katie made cards for all the coaches. I printed a volleyball off the computer. The girls signed their names on the paper volleyball and wrote nice long thank you messages inside the cards. Like some of you said, this personal thank you from the girls means a lot.

In between our two games we went to a local restaurant and had a throw together party. Fries, cheese curds and pop.
The coaches seems to like their scarves. They are very soft.
I don't know.

scarves


Turns out, if you spent a certain amount at the Gap....you got a certain amount off....

So I bought another scarf. For us.

We bought a really colorful one.


DSC_3109-8



Our three coaches are all very busy moms.
They gave of their time and talents.
They were always positive and helpful and kind to the girls.
I never heard one complaint about the coaches.
Our girls were happy, they learned, they improved.

I'm so thankful for each of them.


Encourage one another,
Donna

p.s. I have never coached a team. I have however taught knitting. haha
I told Katie, cheerleading is my thing.
(We thought our cheerleading coach was ancient. She was 30.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.