Friday, November 18, 2011

Why Regis means so much to me.

In 1989, one month after Emma was born, I had a ruptured appendix.
I was very very sick. It was the loneliest, darkest week of my life.
In fact, I was depressed for the first time in my life and it took months to come out of it.
I felt God had abandoned me and I was devastated.

But alone in that hospital room, I found the Regis and Kathie Lee show.

They kept me company and made me laugh.
It felt really bad to laugh with my side cut wide open,
but it felt good for my spirit.

A cheerful heart is good medicine.

It was indeed true for me.
I watched Regis every day after that.
He was my constant.
My daily giggle.
He was my every day visit with a funny friend.

I know he is just a man (That's part of why I love him, he is so very flawed and self deprcating.)

And unbeknownst to him, he helped me in a very real and unusual way.

I have heard that many people have told him this, so I'm sure he knows the kind of impact he has had on people's lives and tho it seems insignificant, making someone laugh is a great gift.

'with all my heart, I wish him happy.'

I love him like crazy.


Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.