Thursday, March 20, 2014

Little Boys.

Emma came home to see the Omaha Bouchers.

Big, busy, baby boy. Boisterous too!

Baby love.
Oh baby love.

DSC_2511

Melinda and I took the boys upstairs to find some light and get a few pictures.

DSC_2524

They behave like normal children.  Full of life and glee.

DSC_2550

I snapped and sweated and chirped and sang.

DSC_2654

They wiggled and squirmed and screamed.


DSC_2542-3


And then...a moment of tenderness and light.

DSC_2716-4

DSC_2590-4

DSC_2509-4bw

Oh! They are so dear.  They are really nice to be around.  Matthew and Melinda are doing a wonderful job parenting the boys.  It's a pleasure to see.

When it comes to formal portraits at this age, singletons are best for those perfect poses.
More than one child in the picture and I have to change my idea of perfection.   In fact, it has to become about capturing the moment.  I have never met a 2 1/2 year old and a 10 month old who will sit pretty for a portrait.   And in order not to drive myself crazy I have to relax about it.  In acceptance lieth peace.

They are such dear little guys.


Thank you Matthew and Melinda for making the trip and visiting us!

We love you all so much!

Encourage one another,
Donna








19 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Oh those blue eyes…that sweet brotherly kiss and the light you found is well, just wonderful. They are precious boys and doing what young children do which is to hardly ever stay still. ;-) Thank you so much for sharing. love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are SO cute, Donna! I don't know how you would do anything but kiss them and hug them and tickle them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy J in WI11:44 AM

    My suggestion? Get some prints made, frame them and give them to Matthew and Melinda. They probably don't have the time and will love it! Thanks for sharing...it would have been fun to be a fly on the wall in the Boucher house last weekend :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:46 AM

    Love that chunky baby. He looks so healthy and Asher looks so grown up and cute!
    Maryjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. On that first pic of Emma holding the baby, he looks like he has a big side ponytail!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:35 PM

    Beautiful boys!! Love those sweet faces and the darling plaid shirts. :)

    Mary Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:52 PM

    Cutie patooties! Love their long hair.

    I.hear.you on the picture taking. You summed it up perfectly. It took me a long time to not stress out about getting the "perfect posing portrait". I would get so frustrated when I'd try to get a picture of Sophia. Now I capture the moment and it takes all the pressure off of me....and my sweet daughter. : P

    Sarah P. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:58 PM

      Oh I forgot to say, we are getting ANOTHER dog. Our boxer that we had to give away 6 years ago. The owner called and said that Hawkeye needs medical attention and he doesn't have the time or the money to help so he asked if we wanted her back. She is coming home to us tonight. I haven't seen my dear dog since I left for the hospital almost six years ago. Tonight is going to be emotional. We are so happy to have her back. Life works in mysterious ways, I tell ya. Just thought I'd share the story with you.
      Sarah P.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:13 PM

      Oh Sarah, what a touching story! Wishing you a wonderful reunion with Hawkeye!!

      Mary Z

      Delete
    3. Wishing you all a happy reunion.

      Delete
    4. Wonderful!! I have been missing my doggy (who is in hund himmel - dog heaven) all day today. This really blesses my heart. All the best to you Sarah :-)

      Delete
  8. They are the cutest! Grandchildren are such a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your grandsons are wonderfully cute and full of life; it makes me grin to see these photos !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your grandboys are darling, Donna. What lovely smiles they all have. So glad you had a good visit.

    Wisconsin vs Oregon...let the trash talking begin (-:

    Love,
    DI

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dying to see your bracket .

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are such handsome little boys! What a blessing to have some time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What incredible portraits, Donna! I've got a smile on my face after reading this post. Lovely ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Donna! They are so darn cute!!! I know you are in grandma heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, be still my heart. Your grandsons are ADORABLE. M&M make cute babies!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.