Monday, June 07, 2004

Speech Writers

I read President Reagan's Columbia Space Shuttle Speech yesterday and was moved to tears. You really should read it, and your children should read it.

Here is a small portion;

"And I want to say something to the schoolchildren of America who were watching the live coverage of the shuttle's takeoff. I know it is hard to understand, but sometimes painful things like this happen. It's all part of the process of exploration and discovery. It's all part of taking a chance and expanding man's horizons. The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave. The Challenger crew was pulling us into the future, and we'll continue to follow them..."

I wonder who wrote it? Do you imagine that President Reagan wrote it?

________________

Samantha asked "What have been the "constants" in your life, as far as interests?"

Here was my reply;


'I have been blessed with a constant faith since I was a little child. I do not believe it was anything I did...just something deep within me. (The Holy Spirit)
Working with my hands has been a constant.
Loving family has been a constant.
Talking has been a constant. Just ask anyone :o)'

I forgot to add that I am constantly reading.
And I forgot to add that television has been a constant. Not that I'm proud of it, but I have been a diligent watcher for as long as I can remember.

What are your 'constants'?




A new week...a new day...

To Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.