Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Who was that guy?

Emma and I just finished watching The Count of Monte Cristo.
We watched the Gérard Depardieu version that was made for the telly.
It was wonderful and interesting.
It is also intense in the sense that one must read sub-titles for four-hundred minutes....and also figure out who did what to whom.
But it really was a great movie experience. Emma and I think it would make an good discussion film.
Of course if you have read the book you will find many of your favorite things left out and a switcheroo at the end...
And let me tell you about the acting...well...I can't really tell the difference unless the acting is terrible( which it wasn't) and I was looking at the words most of the time anyway :o)

So a big thank you to my friends in space who recommended it so highly.
Was it you?

_____________

Thrilling

And even tho I did not see Venus cross the Sun with my own eyes, I was amazed by the pictures I saw at Yahoo News Photos. Here is the only one I can copy for you.



I must say, it is so much smaller than I thought it would be. I thought it would be more like an eclipse. Amazing even though Venus is our next door neighbor she is so far away and so small compared to the sun!
A fabulous real life experiment.
Next chance to observe this...2012.

"The heavens are telling the glory of God;
and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands."
-Psalms 19:1

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.