Thursday, November 13, 2008

A, B, C, D, E, F . . .



A - Age: Seriously!
B - Band listening to right now: All I hear are footsteps.
C - Career future: world famous portrait photographer
D - Dad's name: Jim
E - Easiest person to talk to: I have a few friends. But my friend Karen and I talked every day while we walked for 45 min and we would stand at the corner after our walk and talk for 45 minutes more. Never a lull or dull moment :o)
F - Favorite song:



G - Gummy Bears or Gummy Worms: Gummy Bears Vitamins
H - Hometown: Wheaton Illinois ( or Elmhurst Illinois)
I - Instruments: knitting needles
J - Job: wife and mother/photographer
K - Kids: four
L - Longest car ride ever: Marinette to Kiawa. 20 hours
M - Mom's name: Esther
N - Number of jobs you've had: ten
P - Phobia[s]: ?
Q - Quote: "I love two things; Everybody and Television" Kenneth on 30 Rock
R - Reason to smile: My new planner made me smile.

20081113_2756-2

S - Song you sang last: Glory and Praise to our God
T - Time you wake up: 6:49
U - Unknown fact about me: I'm a little obsessed with Sarah Palin and asked my husband if he wanted to move to Alaska.
V - Vegetable you hate: lima beans
W - Worst habit: over eating
X - X-rays you've had: teeth, tummy
Y - Yummy food: onion rings
Z - Zodiac sign: Libra


20081110_2729-2blueberry


Katie brought home her first report card yesterday! She was really looking forward to it.
And then she was a little scared to open it.

To my surprise they are awarded numbers and not grades.

Ones
Twos
and
Threes.

And checks and plusses.

She did just fine.
No threes. :o)


This afternoon I will go to the parent/teacher conference.

Should be fine.

Katie is learning and growing and adjusting and loving it.

I am thankful for this school.

It seems to be 'the school that time forgot'.

I love this about Blessed Sacrament.

The children are really obedient and respectful of the teachers. The schedule is unusual but I can't image any teacher not
enjoying these students. It's an orderly, happy place where children are cared for and taught with creativity and purpose.

Such a blessing.


****

Emma is taking on more and more babysitting jobs at school to earn spending money.
She really likes her room mate and has signed up for her spring classes.



****

My dear daughter in law in having health troubles and is having an ultrasound today.
Could you pray for Melinda, please?


****


20081112_2750-2

What do you think Katie saw in this, her piece of white bread?



Encourage one another,
Donna


How do you spell 'plusses'?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.