Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Today is our anniversary.

Patrick and I have been married for 28 years!

It's especially fun that it is the exact day of our wedding.

Yes. We were married on a Wednesday evening.

Lake Forest Illinois.

Just Patrick and me and the minister.

20081126_3072

We have come a long way since that quiet November night.

We are stronger and more thoughtful and more kind and more loving than ever before.



True love is but a humble, low-born thing,
And hath it's food seved up in earthenware;
It is a thing to walk with , hand in hand,
Through the everydayness of this work-day world,
Baring its tender feet to every roughness,
Yet letting not on heart-beat go astray
From beauty's law of plainness and content=
A simple, fireside thing, whose quiet smile
Can warm earth's poorest hovel to a home.

James Russell Lowell





For our husbands.

from Elisabeth Elliot


Lord, grant me that vision of a true lover as I look at ____________. (Patrick)
Help me to see him through Your eyes, to read the thoughts he does not put into words,
to bear with his human imperfections, remembering that he bears with mine and that You are at work in both of us.
Thank you, Lord, for this man, Your carefully chosen gift to me,
and for the high privilege of being heirs together of the grace of life.
Help me to make it as easy and pleasant as I possibly can for him to do Your will.



Can I hear an Amen?




And on a totally different level....
we just happen to love this...





Not so much humble and low born.

But wildly romantic and lovely.


Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails;

1 Cor. 13



Marriage.

The most wonderful, difficult, soul stretching, heart growing thing I have ever done.

And I am more determined than ever.




Encourage one another,
Donna

(I was my own wedding photographer :o)
Nikon was sitting atop my car.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.