Saturday, February 19, 2011

Emma has a heart for the homeless and poor.
She is making friends with other people in Chicago who love the homeless and poor also.
And she is making friends with the homeless and the poor.


There is something I forgot to tell you about San Francisco.
Something I didn't take pictures of.

The homeless of San Francisco.

I saw a handful of men pushing grocery carts, full, overflowing grocery carts along the
pretty streets.

Kind of a mobile home.

And then at 7:30 when Patrick and I set out on Mission Street to look for dinner
we passed five people sleeping on the sidewalk. They were tucked into their sleeping bags.
They had cardboard boxes set up like a child's fort.

It surprised me so much.

And I have to be honest, it scared me.

I felt frightened. Not that they were going to attack me.
I don't really know why.

Was I afraid they would look at me or speak to me?

I'm not sure.

But Emma and Sher(Emma's friend and founder of JustEmbrace), they have these hearts full of love and they want to give it away to
these very people.

I think God gave them hearts to love the poor.
I am thankful they are listening and doing what God is calling them to do.

There is great need out there.

Sher posted this video on Emma's facebook last week. It's a beautiful video.


Sara's Story from Trinity Grace Church on Vimeo.




I am thankful for the saints who follow their hearts and love others.


“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
(Matthew 25:31-40 ESV)


DSC_8632-3

amen


Encourage one another...and love.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.