Friday, February 18, 2011

DSC_5458-4cr

Last night, Emma and I had a exchange of art and ideas on the iphone.
She was at the Art Institute.

Because she wanted to make me smile,
she sent a picture of this.

photo-10

I am very fond of Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec.

I wrote to Emma:

Thank you! I love that little Frenchman!
Seriously. Who would paint a turquoise face?


She wrote back:

Impressionists! Looking at
a van gogh with a green sky...
it's all about what they want you to feel,
it's almost-reality. but not.


I wrote:

What they want you to feel...
I really am shallow and don't think like an artist.

I think like a photojournalist.


She said:

Not many people think like artists.
I like impressionist art so much because they make the ordinary, beautiful.
Like Cassat with her simple children's paintings.


To that I agreed:

That's me. The magic of ordinary days....and people.



***

Perhaps I will asprire to be an photojournalist in the impressionist style.


Or just someone who loves pretty.

A simple eye...that likes pretty and happy.

Yeah.

Definitely NOT an artist....unless making you feel happy counts.

haha


DSC_5549-4

An ordinary morning...in the garage...squatting, with a heavy backback.



Encourage one another,
Donna


p.s.

Say it ain't so.

Never before shared on blog.

I mean. Why would I want you to feel sad?


DSC_7257

my idea of impressionistic photojournalism...

love this picture of Emma.
At the ranch. 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.