Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Let's talk photo crediting."


Go see this great poster

(I'd love to share it here...but I do not have permission. But it's really a great way of explaining things, so take a minute to visit and read it.)


It will help you understand when it is okay to use or pin an image on your blog, or on your pinterest.







So. I want you to pin this. I want you to share this.
BUT. I am not the original source. So it is best NOT to pin from me. (Although, if you are clever you can see that I have pinned it from the original source.)

Do you see the little words that say, 'linkwithlove.typepad.com'?
If you click on that, you will go back to the original source.
Kal Barteski's website.
This ensures that Kal will get credit.
Not me.

Any questions?


***

I confess, I am not perfect. I do not know who took many of the Marilyn Monroe pictures or Jackie Kennedy pictures that I love.
Does their age matter? I do not know who took the Golden Globe dresses I love to share. And what about all of those beautiful houses?
If I do know the photographer but don't have a basic original artists website, I will type the person's name under the picture.
This can be erased, but at least I feel I have passed it on correctly.

I am still guilty, I think.

But I promise to try to do better.
I will take a few minutes more to check before I pin.
I will also continue to leave notes in the comments that say, "who took this picture?"

Perhaps it is just a drop in the bucket. But I can do what is right even when other people are not.
That's always a good way to go.


****

DSC_7146-7


This is what I believe, right now, in this auditorium, there is someone who is with you, someone who is willing to pick you up, dust you off, kiss you, forgive you, put up with you, wait for you, carry you, love you. So while everything may not be okay, one thing I know is true, you do not have to be alone.
~norah, The Beaver



Encourage one another and love,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.